Because of Covid-19 and cancelled shows, we have postponed the Diana Challenge by one year. NEW DUE DATE: DECEMBER 31, 2020.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
In order to take the challenge, you must purchase one of this official bundle:
$25.00 Bundle includes:
• Entry fee for contest (waived as of Nov. 20)
• Four GENEROUS Fat Quarters
(total of 1.25 yards)
• Complete rules of the contest
1. Purchase the Challenge Bundle to get the official colors
2. Make a 20-inch quilt using the official colors provided
2a. If you want to use accent colors, they must be Cherrywood and must only make up approximately 30% of the piece.
2b. OPTIONAL; An Accent Pack for the contest is available for purchase ($20). These are colors that we predict customers will want to go with the bundle, but is NOT mandatory. ONLY 30% of the quilt can be (any) accent colors. Otherwise the quilt should "read" as a pink and white piece.
2c. The binding must be Cherrywood. The backing does not.
3. Use any technique and/or embellishment (except glitter)
4. Take a really great photo of the finished piece (clear, straight & cropped please. This important step decides if you get selected or not.)
5. Upload three images to website on or before DECEMBER 31, 2020
6. Wait for the jurors to select the Finalist quilts
7. IF CHOSEN as a Finalist, you will be informed by email. Send the actual quilt to Cherrywood in Minnesota
8. Wait for jurors to select prize winners and traveling tours
9. Get published in a book, poster, publications, etc. and watch your quilt travel around the world!
The measurements of the fabrics in the bundle will be GENEROUS for those who want to use one piece for the background of the 20-inch square quilt!
Generous Fat quarter measures 22" x 22"
(normally 18" x 22")
• If you purchase the bundle online or at a quilt show, that means you are registered. We like to say you have "skin in the game!" so that's your incentive! When your quilt is FINISHED, we collect your name, address, and digital images on a special website. The jury process is done digitally.
• Purchasing the challenge bundle DOES NOT GUARANTEE that your quilt entry will make it to the Traveling Exhibit. We receive more entries than we can handle, so we must use a jury process to select a limited number of pieces that will be grouped into exhibits.
• Entry fee DOES NOT cover the cost of you shipping your quilt to Cherrywood if it is chosen as a finalist.
• Entry Fee Is not refundable.
READY TO SUBMIT?
Please WATCH THIS VIDEO then CLICK HERE to create a FREE ACCOUNT on SubmitArts.com