We are proud to announce
the collaboration with Bob Ross, Inc. to present our fifth annual Cherrywood Challenge:
Exciting twist for 2019:
Just as Bob Ross used a limited palette to create his happy little masterpieces,
you will use EIGHT (and ONLY eight) colors of hand-dyed fabric to create your quilt!
• Van Dyke Brown
• Dark Sienna
• Alizarin Crimson
• Indian Yellow
• Cadmium Yellow
• Sap Green
• Phthalo Green
• Prussian Blue
The official challenge bundle contains various quantities of the colors for a total of 2 yards!
There are no rules about how much you use of each of the 8 colors in your entry, but see if you can use them all!
As always, we want to you BE INSPIRED by Bob Ross to design a unique piece that is personal and fabulous!
DUE DATE: JULY 1, 2019
• TWO YARDS of Challenge Fabric (this is TWICE as much as our past challenges!)
• Complete rules of the contest
• Registration fee for contest
• shipping of the challenge fabric to you (within the continental USA).
Here is how it works:
1. Buy the Challenge Bundle (available online and at quilt shows)
2. Make a 20-inch quilt using only the 8 fabrics provided
3. Use any technique and/or embellishment
4. Take a really great photo of it
5. Upload to website on or before July 1, 2019
6. Wait for the jurors to select the Finalist quilts
7. If chosen, send actual quilt to Cherrywood in Minnesota
8. Wait for jurors to select prize winners and traveling tours
9. Get published in a book, poster, publications, etc. and watch your quilt travel around the world!
NOTE: If you purchase the bundle, that means you are registered. We like to say you have "skin in the game!" so that's your incentive! We collect your information when you upload digital images of the FINISHED ENTRY onto our special website and enter your statistics. The $60 fee does NOT cover the cost of you shipping your quilt to Cherrywood if it is chosen as a finalist. But it DOES cover the cost of returning finalist quilts to their owners at the end of the 18-month travel schedule. Registration fee is non-refundable. Contest is open to all.
Here are some quotes from people who have taken past Cherrywood Challenges:
"I've never done anything like this before! I truly enjoyed myself every step of the way!"
"I can't tell you how fun this was! I really pushed myself creatively and tried things I have never done before."
"Thank you for this fun challenge - I have never done a challenge or used Cherrywood before and I love both!"